Christmas carols are in full force. Holiday lights brighten store windows. The merry season is in full force and so is the end-of-year frenzy on social media. This time of year marks the perfect moment for marketing professionals to really enhance their social media presence and engagement.
For marketers or copywriters looking to increase brand visibility or sales, here are five tips to help you make the most of social media this holiday season. From crafting the perfect message to finding the best channels for engagement, learn how to leverage the power of social media to achieve your goals this holiday season.
Get Festive with Your Visuals
The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes an array of new opportunities for marketers and copywriters to get creative on social media. Visuals have become increasingly important for driving engagement, so it’s essential that you incorporate festive, holiday-themed visuals into your posts if you want to get the most out of your social efforts this season. Here are some ways you can make visuals work for you this holiday season:
- Get creative with gifs. Gifs are a great way to inject some extra fun and personality into your posts. Whether it’s a dancing Santa or a festive greeting, gifs can help add some sparkle to your posts.
- Make use of seasonal colors. Make sure you’re incorporating some holiday-themed colors into your visuals, such as red and green, silver and gold, and more. These are simple but effective ways to give your visuals a more festive feel and make sure they stand out on a user’s feed.
- Leverage holiday symbols. Include symbols associated with the holidays in your visuals – think snowflakes, candy canes, Christmas trees, etc. This imagery can be used to great effect in order to give your visuals a more festive look and to communicate the holiday spirit with your audience.
- Don’t forget about video. Videos are a great way to engage with your audience during the holidays and make sure your visuals really stand out. Video content can be used to create fun holiday stories or highlight new products or services you may be offering this season.
Offer a Giveaway or Contest
The holidays are the perfect time to reach out to potential customers and reward loyal ones. A great way to do this is through a giveaway or contest on your social media accounts. By offering something that your audience finds desirable, you can build brand awareness and even generate sales.
When creating a contest or giveaway, you should consider the following:
- Set clear rules. When crafting the rules of your contest or giveaway, make sure they are simple and easy to understand.
- Promote your giveaway. Use all the channels at your disposal, including email newsletters, website banners, and social media posts.
- Engage with participants. Don’t forget to thank participants for entering your contest or giveaway. This will show that you appreciate their support and will encourage them to keep coming back for more.
Partner with Other Brands
The holiday season is an excellent opportunity for brands to come together and partner on social media campaigns. This can be beneficial for both parties, as it allows them to leverage each other’s audiences and reach potential customers that they may have otherwise missed. Partnering with other brands can help you create exciting content and reach larger numbers of people.
When partnering with another brand, it is important to ensure that the collaboration is mutually beneficial. Both parties should benefit from the campaign and have similar goals in mind. Consider the values of each brand and how they could fit into a cohesive message. Joining forces with another brand or company is also a great way to tie in a giveaway or contest, as we mentioned above.
Take Advantage of User-Generated Content
The holiday season is a great time to make sure your social media content stands out from the crowd. One of the best ways to do this is to take advantage of user-generated content (UGC). UGC is content created by people who are passionate about your brand, product or service and are sharing their experiences on social media platforms. Because let’s face it — sometimes social media users are tired from hearing from the brands themselves. Seeing content created by people like them helps create a more authentic experience.
When it comes to UGC, your primary goal should be to encourage customers to share their experiences and use your hashtag to connect their content with your brand. This will help to increase visibility, engagement, and even sales.
You can also leverage UGC by actively seeking out customers who are posting about your products or services and engaging with them directly. Ask questions, comment, and share their posts in order to create a more personal connection. Doing this helps build loyalty and trust, which can be great for generating leads and new customers during the holidays.