Help Shape the Future
of Artificial Intelligence
Anyword is a team of developers, scientists, marketers, writers, and all-around doers. We believe in teamwork, personal growth, full ownership, and providing value for our customers. And we’re always on the lookout for new talent. Bonus points if you can bake.
Senior Backend Engineer
Anyword is revolutionizing marketing and sales communications: in five years, marketing communications without AI and data will be a thing of the past. Marketers will leverage AI to know precisely which words to use when targeting their audience. Messages will be more engaging and powerful, and crafting them will take less time. Anyword is making this happen.
Who we are:
We’re a team of doers from all walks of life who share a passion for AI and innovation. We firmly believe in personal growth, care deeply about our work, and aspire to be world-class in everything we do.
We are looking for a senior backend engineer to lead the development of mission critical services and APIs. You will be taking full ownership of a system that directly affects the company’s success. To achieve this, you will collaborate with data scientists, product managers, and customer success managers in a dynamic agile environment.
Responsibilities (or what you’ll be doing):
- Take ownership of backend tasks for a growing SAAS product; design and implement the architecture, along with maintenance and monitoring.
- Collaborate with product managers to define the coming product iterations, taking into account technical challenges and gap between product-market fit
- Build APIs and background services in Ruby/Python that:
- Integrate with external platforms
- Scrape and analyze content from the web
- Integrate with internal machine learning services
- Can be used by external customers
Qualifications (or what we’re looking for):
- 5+ years of industry experience in a production web environment, including monitoring and performance tuning.
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby/Python/Node for a Linux environment.
- Experience in owning scalable modern web architecture throughout the full development lifecycle: design, development, testing, monitoring.
- BSc in Computer Science (MSc advantage).
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment; container orchestration (Docker, K8s) - advantage.
- A real passion for solving problems and delivering value.
- The ability to write clean code, as well as continuously refactor and improve existing code.
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills.