Whether you need an ad campaign to attract the right customers or catchy content for your company website, marketing copy plays a crucial role in powerful marketing. It is one of the main reasons a product or service sells, and it can be beneficial to both the customer and your business.
While a good headline can grab the attention of the reader, good marketing copy keeps them on the same page and gives them enough reason to follow through with the call to action. It should be organized, concise, and direct, making it attractive to potential customers and prompting them to submit their information on the page. It also helps in converting leads to customers by offering accurate information within a few sentences.
Read on to find out more about marketing copy, its advantages, and how to get the most out of marketing copy for your business.
What is Marketing Copy?
Marketing copy is the text or copy that forms the main content of any printed or digital work. It usually follows headlines and speaks to the target audience using key phrases to highlight the various benefits that your product or services can offer.
It usually refers to the main line of text after the headline and is typically used in ads websites and social media. Marketing copy is different from logos, captions, and other types of writing. It should be direct and to the point, addressing your visitors and other potential customers at whatever stage they may be at in the buying cycle. It should also make sure to point out the benefits of following through with the call to action you are suggesting. Good marketing copy can help improve your sales and return on content investment.
Why is It Important?
Marketing copy is a major factor that affects the sale of products and services. It creates an emotional response in the mind of the potential customer and hopefully motivates them to take immediate action. It also provides important information about the product to potential leads, including product details, benefits of signing up, and so on. With the perfect mix of emotion and logic, good marketing copy makes the visitor desire the product or service. This is why marketing copy helps organizations increase interest in their products and services and move prospects along to the next step of sale.
Here are a few reasons as to why the marketing copy is important:
- Potential visitors who are browsing a website, stay on only if they find something that interests them. After the headline, the marketing copy provides them with some clarity about what they can expect from the company. This is the initial impression they receive. Only short, to the point marketing copy can keep them hooked. This means that it has to be quite good for them to stay on the page and the product you have to offer.
- Marketing copy can also convince readers to follow through with a call to action. It has the power to turn any visitor into a lead and any lead into a customer (which is the purpose of it).
- Marketing copy can increase conversion rates by creating a sense of urgency. It can also create a fear of missing out in the mind of the visitor. This can translate into a desire to buy the product, which is fueled by the many benefits they stand to gain.
- Marketing copy helps the customer personally relate to the company, your products, and services. It presents your journey in a way that weaves seamlessly with the visitor’s experiences, without making it seem like you are selling something. It is a guide that offers information. It uses words that evoke a sense of personal relationship, a tone that promotes some form of immediate action. This makes the marketing copy seem like a more personal form of communication between the company and the potential customer. Thus, higher ROI and conversion rates are bound to follow.
Best Implementation of a Marketing Copy
For best results, try to follow these important guidelines:
● Focus on the main goal of the marketing copy, that is, conversion. Your marketing copy should supplement your claims with data, facts, figures, and examples. This will help your potential customers see the evidence behind your claims, making you more trustworthy.
● Make sure your marketing copy is directed at your target audience. A fair amount of market research can help ensure that your copy answers any questions they might have about your products and services.
● Include multiple calls to action to help your customers and potential leads no matter which step of the sales cycle they are on. This is important because the initial or final step can be the place where customers get stuck. They might then not know what to do, and this could result in losing orders as the urgency dies down.
● Use words and phrases that can help with search engine optimization, as SEO-based marketing copy helps rank your page higher in Google searches. This makes it easier for potential leads to find you and trust you.
Anyword and Marketing Copy
Writing effective marketing copy need not be a herculean task. Anyword’s AI copywriting assistant can help organizations do this with ease. Since it is the main content that drives sales, our AI assistant will ensure that it is supplemented with facts and figures while also helping with enough calls to action to help customers at any stage of their sales journey. Having super effective marketing copy can transform your business and increase ROI by keeping your customers engaged and coming back for more.
If you need some help with your copy you are not alone – sign up for the Anyword 7-Day Free Trial and experience how to produce effective marketing copy, including market data and calls-to-action that will turn your leads into loyal customers.