Whether you need an ad campaign to attract the right customers or catchy content for your company website, body copy plays a crucial role in powerful marketing. It is one of the main reasons a product or service sells, and it can be beneficial to both the customer and the business.
While a good headline can grab the attention of the reader, good body copy keeps them on the same page and gives them enough reason to follow through with the call to action. It is organized, concise, and direct, making it attractive to potential customers and prompting them to leave their information on the page. They also help in converting leads to customers by offering accurate information within a few sentences. Read on to find out what body copy is, its advantages, and how to best implement them to run your business better.
What is Body Copy?
The body copy is the text that forms the main content of any printed or digital work. It usually follows headlines and speaks to the target audience using key phrases to highlight the various benefits that your product or services can offer.
It is usually used to refer to the main line of text after the headline, typically in ads. This copy is separate from the logos, captions, and other writing. It is usually direct and to the point, addressing your visitors and other potential customers at whatever stage of the buying cycle they are at. It points out the benefits of following through with the call to action you have in place. Strong body copy can help you improve your sales and return on investment.
Why is Body Copy Important?
Body copy is a major factor that affects the sale of products and services. It creates an emotional response in the mind of the potential customer, motivating them to take immediate action. It also gives required information about the product to the potential lead, including the product details, benefits of signing up, and so on. With the perfect mix of emotion and logic, the copy makes the visitor desire the product or service. This is why the copy helps organizations increase their return on investment and maximize their profits.
Here are a few reasons as to why the body copy is important:
- Potential visitors who are on the website browse through it and stay only if they find something that interests them. After the headline, the body copy provides them with some clarity about what they can expect from the company. This is the initial impression they have. Only short, to-the-point body copy can keep them hooked. This means that the copy has to be pretty good for them to stay on the page and be interested in the product you have to offer.
- Body copies can convince readers to follow through with the call-to-action. That is undoubtedly good for your business. With the space you have, quality body copy can turn any visitor into a lead and any lead into a customer. This is the purpose of any marketing strategy. Good copy increases the conversion rate simply by creating a sense of urgency. It can also create a fear of missing out in the mind of the visitor. This can translate into a desire to buy the product, which is fueled by the many benefits they stand to gain.
- Body copy helps the customer personally relate to the company, your products, and services. It presents your journey in a way that weaves seamlessly with the visitor’s experiences, without making it seem like you are selling something. The copy is a guide that offers information. It uses words that evoke a sense of personal relationship, a tone that promotes some form of immediate action. This makes the copy seem like a more personal form of communication between the company and the potential customer. Thus, higher ROI and conversion rates are bound to follow.
Best Implementation of a Body Copy
If you want a successful body copy, ensure that the following goals are met:
● Focus on the main goal of the body copy, that is, conversion. Your copy should supplement your claims with data, facts, figures, and examples. This will help your potential customers see the evidence behind your claims, making you more trustworthy.
● Make sure your copy is directed at your target audience. A fair amount of market research is vital to ensuring that the copy answers any questions they might have about your products and services.
● Include multiple calls-to-action to help your customers and potential leads no matter which step of the customer cycle they are on. This is important because the initial or final step can be the place where customers get stuck. They might then not know what to do, and this could result in losing orders as the urgency dies down.
● Use words and phrases that can add to the search engine optimization, as an SEO-based body copy can help your page rank higher in searches. This makes it easier for potential leads to find you and trust you.
Anyword and Body Copy
Writing an effective body copy need not be a herculean task. Anyword’s AI Copywriting Platform can help organizations do this with ease. Since it is the main content that drives sales, Anyword AI assistant will ensure that it is supplemented with facts and figures while also helping with enough calls-to-action to help customers at any stage of their sales journey. This assistant is driven by similar models and can easily identify what the target audience is likely to engage with. Thus, Anyword’s AI assistant can transform your business and increase your ROI with a tempting body copy!