Advertising and marketing are all about conveying the story of your brand to a target customer. It depends heavily on trying to convert a newcomer merely browsing through your site into a customer making actual purchases. It’s possible to increase these conversions by implementing an effective content marketing funnel.
A content marketing funnel is the best way to guide visitors towards a particular action. It takes them from acknowledging your brand, product, or service to actually making a purchase. An effective funnel needs a holistic understanding of what your audience wants to see and the journeys of your typical customers. Having a deep understanding of the segmentation of your target audience is key in making an effective funnel.
Once the content marketing funnel has been built, it gets easier to handle the process and expand sales. Read on for a better understanding of what exactly a content marketing funnel is, why it is important, and how it helps an organization.
What is a Content Marketing Funnel?
The content marketing funnel, commonly known as the content funnel, is a very widely adopted and well-documented strategy. It tries to take visitors from being aware that your brand exists to getting them to actually make a purchase. It uses multiple tactics for distribution along with a wide array of content to reach your potential clients at every stage of their journey.
The content marketing funnel can be divided into four major chunks:
- The awareness stage at the top of the funnel.
- The consideration stage that forms the middle of the funnel.
- The decision stage at the bottom of the funnel.
- Customer retention at the end.
Each of these stages is filled with appropriate content that suits your target audience. This, in turn, aligns with the marketing strategy of your organization, effectively promoting your brand, product, or service.
Why Content Marketing Funnel is Important
The main reason behind the creation of a content marketing funnel is to create a larger number of qualified leads. This leads to more organic growth of your brand, helps in search engine optimization of the website, and increases overall conversion rates and revenue. However, in order to understand why the content marketing funnel is so important for businesses, it is important to understand exactly how the content marketing funnel is useful to the customer.
- Such content marketing funnels help to make the customer’s journey very simple. It also makes it very easy for business owners to apply. A good funnel can map out the entire phase of any customer’s journey. It can also map out the exact tools and tactics that are going to be used to move potential leads down the funnel. This simplifies a lot of the journey, as the customer is being led through the path that adds the most value. Thus, it helps them move to the immediate next step without much thinking and hesitation.
- Content marketing funnels are crucial to establishing a connection with your customers and are applicable to any kind of customer interaction. It is useful for boosting your website traffic, increasing your online sales or even the foot traffic to a brick and mortar retail store. Additionally, you will need to work with a smart marketing funnel to build a mailing list for subscriptions to newsletters. This can help your customer identify with your story and resonate with their own values. This makes it a very important tool that can increase overall brand visibility and connect with customers on multiple levels.
- If you want to boost sales, you need to know what’s working and what isn’t. A content marketing funnel shows you exactly where the customers start to turn away. This gives you the freedom to work on your strategy at the exact point needed rather than redoing your entire marketing strategy. It can help you identify what your audience is looking for and what they do not like. This, in turn, will boost interaction, drive conversions, and generate more leads and purchases.
A content marketing funnel is important to every business with an online presence and can help your customers seek your brand and follow the steps you suggest to continue on their buyer’s journey.
Best Use Cases of a Content Marketing Funnel
In order to make the best use of a content marketing funnel, one has to ensure that the marketing funnel covers the following:
● Awareness is the first phase. During this phase, potential customers become familiar with your brand, its products or services. This should include details about the value you can provide to the consumer and how you can connect to them. The creation of branded content can help you interest the potential lead and promote future interactions with them without making it seem like you are selling.
● As consumers become aware of your brand, they move towards the next phase of the funnel — consideration. They are interested in details about your business, social proof, and so on. During this phase, it is wise to create content that helps your potential leads compare you to your competitors and see what value you can provide. This is the time to forge a deep bond with your consumer.
● The next phase is the decision-making phase — to buy or pass on your product. Explain your offer, how your product is more suited for the customer, and why it is better.
● The next part, loyalty and advocacy, is essential if you want to retain these customers and gain new clients through word of mouth. Creating loyalty programs, email and social media interactions, giveaways and referral tokens are great ways to promote this.
Anyword and Content Marketing Funnels
Anyword’s AI Copywriting Tool can help in creating the perfect content marketing funnel, with each stage crafted specifically for your target audience. Increase your conversion rate, boost lead generation, and increase overall revenue with the help of this AI platform. You’ll be amazed at how the entire customer journey gets a boost without having to create everything from scratch.Creating an effective content marketing funnel can translate into higher conversion rates, longer customer engagement and increased user satisfaction. With the support of Anyword’s AI platform, marketers are now capable of creating a content marketing funnel that really shows results. Sign up for a free trial and see for yourself.