Whether you own a business, want to promote a product, service or brand, marketers and owners always face the challenges associated with optimizing content for search engines. It is even more difficult to write search engine optimized content in a way that makes it appealing to the consumer. This requires a smart approach to content creation. That is where SEO copywriting comes to the rescue.
SEO copywriting ensures that your content is written to solve a problem as well as attract potential customers. It also ensures that the copy is written, in such a way, that your product or service appears at the top of search engines as well. If you want to create content that is good for both humans and search engines, you need to utilize SEO copywriting.
Read on to understand what SEO copywriting is, how it helps your business and how it can be implemented.
What is SEO Copywriting?
SEO copywriting is a very specialized form of copywriting. It is meant for the online sphere and it mainly aims to create a copy that has keywords that your target audience is most likely to enter for a search while trying to find the information they want.
The goal is to create useful content online, be it websites, calls-to-action or even newsletters that can rank well on searches, while also attracting potential customers to the online business. It aims to meet all the requirements of a search engine’s ranking algorithm and strives to provide targeted content with just the right number of keywords.
This will ensure that the content has high authority and relevance, which drives more SEO-generated visitors, leads, and potentially boosts sales as well. SEO copywriting helps cater to your specific customer demographics while improving Google rankings for your keywords.
Why is SEO Copywriting Important?
In today’s digital environment, it is impossible to create and carry out a good digital strategy without SEO copywriting to support it. Relevant online content that can funnel visitors to your website requires a good deal of thought. Most businesses need help with both search engine optimization and copywriting. Both can be industry-specific that require time, effort and experience to master.
SEO copywriting can significantly boost revenue, attract the right customers, and make your brand and story engaging to your target audience. It can also make your product or service extremely easy to find. Here are a few reasons why you should be using SEO copywriting:
- It can give your search ranking a good boost, making your content visible to more people. If your page can get a better spot in search engine result pages, you will get more clicks and attention from visitors, increasing your pool of potential customers. This mainly increases the number of leads.
- It can save you a lot of money. If you have been spending money on paid promotions and advertising for customer acquisition, SEO copywriting will ensure that you rank well and grow organically with the customers that you are targeting.
- It helps you tap into a much larger audience and gain market share, making it easier for potential customers to find your business, interact with your brand, and increase your sales. This also means that you have a much better chance of staying competitive. If you are not working on SEO copywriting, you should be aware that your competitors probably are – no business today can afford not to invest in it.
- SEO copywriting involves good research that can be incorporated organically into content, including links, backlinks and other factors that can boost rank as well as offer customers valuable content that can help.
- It also comes with extremely well-crafted calls to action that can help you boost your conversions, produce more qualified leads and close more deals. It should be based on page focus, keyword research, and a more natural inclusion of commonly searched keywords.
- While it may not be the first thing that comes to mind, it also helps with optimizing copy length, the inclusion of meta tags and descriptions that are crucial for improving SEO ranking. With good writing, amazing landing pages, and CTAs in the right hotspots, SEO copywriting offers you the best of both worlds.
For all these reasons and more, it’s clear that SEO copywriting is crucial to the success of any inbound digital marketing plan.
Best Implementation of SEO Copywriting
SEO copywriting should include a few important components that most professionals use. Here are some of the key points to keep in mind:
● One main thing to keep in mind is the headline. Your click-through rate will be higher if you have a good headline. This is because five times as many people end up reading the headline rather than the actual body copy. Thus, the headline should attract people and invite them to click, read more, and find out what your body copy says. It is also important to promote organic growth since even a high-ranked page without a good headline cannot attract customers.
● Well researched content without artificially introduced keywords are vital to making a smooth copy that can keep the potential customers hooked on. Keyword stuffing and over-optimization should be avoided at all costs. Possible solutions to potential problems should make up a majority of your copy.
● Good SEO copywriting should include good meta descriptions to help search engines understand your topic and targeted audience. This is used as a snippet and displayed to those searching, so it plays an important role in determining if people click on your page or not.
Anyword and SEO Copywriting
If you are a business looking to increase leads and revenue or a copywriter in need of some extra help, Anyword’s AI Copywriting tool can make SEO copywriting a piece of cake. From intriguing meta descriptions to headlines, taglines and body copy that use keywords in all the right places, our AI assistant is the tool you’ll wish you had yesterday.
Organically grow your brand and increase your rank on search engine result pages — all while attracting your target audience. And did we mention that it won’t cost you a fortune? Try Anyword’s 7-Day Free Trial and start producing your own effective SEO copywriting today.